Session 1 – Portfolio in Drawing & Painting – Summer Art Institute
- July 3, 2023 - July 14, 2023
- 2 weeks, Monday - Friday 9:30am–4:30pm
Allyn J. Washington Center @ Dutchess Community College
37 Gallery Circle, Poughkeepsie, New York
- Non-members: $1035
- Members: $983
This intermediate-to-advanced-level major focuses on elevating proficiency to excellence in fine art skills through observation and rendering to create a highly-developed fine art portfolio. Using the tools of drawing, painting, and mixed media, students will experiment with conceptual works to create a body of work that focuses on solidifying a personal vision and voice. This class is ideal for artists looking to make the transition from mostly observation-based works into creating conceptual works with mostly imaginative elements, as well as those heading into senior year with college applications in mind.
*Submitting work samples is strongly encouraged but not required. Sharing recent work helps us get to know you, where you are, and how best to help you grow.
All students are asked to bring a bag lunch, a sketchbook (8inx10in preferred), a refillable water bottle, and sunblock in case class projects occur outside.
Early drop-off available for an additional $25/day (no earlier than 8:30 am)
Late pick-up available for an additional $25/day (no later than 5:15 pm)
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 845-471-7477 to sign up for early drop-off or late pick-up.
- Multiclass/Sibling Discount: Save 5% when registering 2 or more children OR when you sign 1 child up for two or more weeks of camp.
- Member Pricing: Save an additional 5% by signing up for a Students & Families membership, click here to "Become a Member."
- Scholarships: Scholarships are available to those in economic need, to apply please complete a Scholarship Application Form and send it to email@example.com.
Back to class search