Session 2 – Portfolio Foundations – Summer Art Institute
- July 17, 2023 - July 28, 2023
- 2 weeks, Monday - Friday 9:30am–4:30pm
Allyn J. Washington Center @ Dutchess Community College
37 Gallery Circle, Poughkeepsie, New York
- Non-members: $975
- Members: $926
This intermediate-level major focuses on beginning to develop a unique, dynamic portfolio while expanding on fundamental drawing and painting skills in both physical and digital spaces. Primarily working from observation and reference, students will receive instruction in composition, color theory, mark-making and narrative illustration through creating representational works using a variety of media. Projects will include still lifes, landscapes, self-portraits, and character-based works in a combination of digital art, drawing and painting. Best suited for high school students with introductory experience in fine art, or advanced middle school students.
*Submitting work samples is strongly encouraged but not required. Sharing recent work helps us get to know you, where you are, and how best to help you grow.
All students are asked to bring a bag lunch, a sketchbook (8inx10in preferred), a refillable water bottle, and sunblock in case class projects occur outside.
Early drop-off available for an additional $25/day (no earlier than 8:30 am)
Late pick-up available for an additional $25/day (no later than 5:15 pm)
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 845-471-7477 to sign up for early drop-off or late pick-up.
- Multiclass/Sibling Discount: Save 5% when registering 2 or more children OR when you sign 1 child up for two or more weeks of camp.
- Member Pricing: Save an additional 5% by signing up for a Students & Families membership, click here to "Become a Member."
- Scholarships: Scholarships are available to those in economic need, to apply please complete a Scholarship Application Form and send it to email@example.com.
Back to class search