Poughkeepsie Board of Artistic Youth
PK B.A.Y. stands as a platform dedicated to bring youth leaders together to help shape afterschool and summer programs. This initiative is designed to cater to the preferences, interests, and passions of the youth, fostering an environment where their voices are heard and valued.
Participants have the unique opportunity to collaborate with artists in crafting and executing art projects that effectively convey their priorities and goals. Prior art experience is not required; however, individuals are expected to possess qualities such as creativity, leadership, and advocacy. Through PK B.A.Y., young minds are empowered to contribute meaningfully to the development of programs that resonate with their collective vision for a vibrant future!
- Select Artist to collaborate with on designing/creating art project
- Implement city-wide youth assessment to identify youth priorities and barriers to afterschool/summer programs and opportunities
- Think through a public art project and soliciting community participation to work with art project
- Identify location of public artwork in Poughkeepsie
- Present designs to the City Council, Children’s Cabinet and Public Arts Commission