The Art Effect’s COVID-19 Safety Plan
(last updated 3/1/2022)
To ensure safety for all of our students and their families, The Art Effect has worked hard to create programming environments which are safe, sanitary, and responsive to the shifting needs of these uncertain times. Beginning Wednesday March 2, in accordance with the CDC stating Dutchess/Ulster County as an area of low transmission and the NYS Governor’s office lifting the mask mandate, wearing masks will be optional for all staff, and students will no longer be required to wear masks inside each of our buildings. (except in special cases, please contact us 845.471.7477).
In addition to securing the safety of our employees in accordance with directives issued by the NYS Governor’s Office, The Art Effect is providing the safest in-person programming experiences possible for the students and families we serve with the plan laid out below.
As new requirements and policies are put in place we will update our safety plan accordingly and provide notice to families enrolled in our programming.
For the health and safety of our staff and students, our COVID protocols will continue to include the following:
- Everyone sanitizes or washes hands before and after each class/activity.
- If your child feels sick, please keep them home. Students who report feeling sick during the day will be asked to call a caregiver to pick them up.
- We will work to maintain a safe social distance when necessary to continue to help stop the spread of germs.
- Where possible, individually packaged supplies will be used. All tools, supplies, surfaces, and seating gets sanitized at the end of the day.
- If a student or students’ immediate family member (with whom they have daily contact) tests positive for COVID-19, we ask that the student stay home. Should a teacher (or student) test positive for COVID-19 while in contact with students, we will notify families immediately.